I made these today and thought I would share the recipe with you all:)
Chocolate Buttermilk Muffins
makes 12 muffins
1 c. vanilla soymilk
1/2 c. butter, melted
1 egg, beaten
1 3/4 c. whole wheat flour ( I used spelt flour)
2/3 c. raw brown sugar ( I used demera sugar)
1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 t. real vanilla
1 t. baking soda
1/4 t. salt
1/3 c. real chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and lightly grease muffin tin with coconut oil.
2. Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
3. In a separate bowl combine melted butter, buttermilk, vanilla, and egg.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, stirring only until moistened – don’t over mix your muffins!
5. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
6. Bake 15 – 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (ours had to bake the full 20 minutes).
7. Cool in pan for five minutes, then remove muffins to wire rack to cool.
These are surprisingly yummy, despite the wholemeal flour!
Enjoy and happy baking!